Local academy committees – how governance works at fra
The Governing Body is called the LAC (Local Academy Committee) and its main purpose is to drive school improvement and improve the outcomes for the children and young people within our academy.
The LAC works with the Headteacher and leaders to:
1) set the unique vision of academy
2) raise standards by reviewing data and by undertaking monitoring visits
3) report to Trustees on all Learning and Compliance issues.
The current membership of the LAC is:
- Mr C Williams – Chair
- Mrs A Bailey – Vice Chair
- Rev P De Grey-Warter
- Mrs P Harcombe
Mrs M Love
Mrs J Hawkes
Mr C Taylor
JOINING THE LOCAL ACADEMY COMMITEE
Being a member of the LAC provides an opportunity to make a meaningful contribution to the academy at this exciting stage of its development. The group convenes termly or as and when required.
The full structure of the Trust governance and remit of the Trust’s members, board of trustees and scheme of delegation are available on the governance page of Leading Edge Academies Partnership website.
The academy welcomes the involvement of individuals who hold good knowledge of the local community surrounding the academy, are enthusiastic to support the learning of young people in the academy and who are willing to undertake some basic training to support them in their role. We operate a skills audit process so that we can ensure that the make-up of the LAC is broad and balanced. Please contact the clerk to the LAC, Louisa McHardy (firstname.lastname@example.org) to express initial interest.
All LAC members will be expected to:
- Support the academy and Trust vision and ethos
- Exercise the highest standards of confidentiality and personal integrity
- Abide by the Trust’s Code of Conduct for Governance
- Contribute to the development of effectively sharing good practice
- Comply with relevant safeguarding processes – including proof of compliance with regulatory requirements relative to Disclosure and Barring Service Enhanced Criminal Record Checks
- Complete visit report forms, when appropriate, in order to report visit findings to LAC group.
Support for LAC members:
- An induction process to support new group members to understand how the LAC works and what is required from members within the group.
- Training for LAC members either through support from a mentor and or providing access to external advice and guidance agencies and organisations.
- Opportunities to network with other LAC members within the Leading Edge Academies Partnership either virtually or through network meetings.