We strongly believe that school uniform gives our students a sense of identity and of belonging to the academy
It helps to ensure that no student feels disadvantaged in terms of appearance, removes the need to keep up with constantly changing and expensive fashion trends, and instils a sense of pride.
We understand that it is not always possible for students to wear the full, correct uniform. Please contact your child’s form tutor to discuss any problems which you may have. If students come to school without the correct uniform, the school will provide temporary uniform and contact parents if necessary so that students remain in classes as much as possible. Temporary uniform can include plimsolls, ties and PE kit.
If any student refuses to wear the correct uniform, this may be dealt with as a disciplinary matter.
- Jewellery – one watch and one small discreet ring. No sovereign rings, bracelets or necklaces
- Earrings – only one pair of studs, sleepers or small earrings are allowed in the earlobe – one earring per ear
- Piercings – the school does not allow any facial or tongue piercings; this includes nose-studs
- Make-up – discreet make- up is permitted in school and discretion is left with the Head of Year and Senior Leadership Team
- Hairstyles – patterned or brightly coloured hair is not permitted in school. Hair should be of natural appearance in colour, with no tramlines or extreme hairstyles
- Black school blazer*
- House tie*
- Black tank top style jumper (optional)*
- Black V-neck long sleeved jumper (optional)*
- Black skirt (optional)* or black trousers.
- Plain white cotton shirt
- Plain black full length trousers (not drainpipe style or jeans/jeans-style trousers of any description or in any fabric)
- Plain black belt
- Plain black or natural tights
- Plain black socks
- Plain black, sensible, low-heeled shoes of leather appearance (no trainers, shoes with logos, sandals, open toes/heels, high heels or boots)
* only available from our uniform supplier Cornwall Screen Print & Embroidery
PE KIT (Compulsory)
What should I wear on the days I have PE?
If you have a PE lesson you will arrive in school in normal school uniform and change at school for your PE lesson.
What counts as PE kit? And what if it’s a cold day?
PE Kit includes:
- Black and grey FRA T-shirt or rugby shirt
- Plain black shorts, plain black legging. If you choose to wear a plain black skort for `PE, please bring tights or leggings to wear in school when in lessons.
- If it is cold you may wish to wear black tracksuit bottoms with minimal logos on.
- Plain white sports socks, trainer socks, or plain black long rugby/football socks
- FRA sports hooded top and or waterproof jacket
If you don’t own an FRA sports hooded top or waterproof jacket just yet, you may choose to wear your own top and coat, this is allowed; but you will need to remove this inside classrooms for any lesson and for inside PE lessons. We recommend buying one of these tops as soon as you can
Can I wear layers underneath my PE kit?
You may wish to wear a plain black, white or grey skins top or t-shirt underneath your t-shirt or rugby shirt and may wish to wear plain black skins leggings underneath your PE shorts
What if I have a lunchtime club in the sports hall?
If you have a lunchtime club in the sports hall and don’t have PE on that day then just bring your trainers in your bag and you can change into your trainers in the sports hall. You will need to put your school shoes on before attending your next lesson.
What if I am in year 10/11 and going to the fitness suite at lunchtime or after school?
Year 10/11 students using the fitness suite on days they don’t have PE will have three-four minutes at the start of lunch to get changed into their PE kit and 3-4 minutes at the end of lunch to get changed into their full uniform before their next lesson.
Teachers running the clubs will aim to be as prompt as possible to maximise your time in the fitness suite.
What if I have an after-school sports club?
If you are attending after-school rugby, football or netball then you will have time to change before the club.
COMPULSORY SAFETY EQUIPMENT
- Male and Female students will require suitable shin guards for football
- Male and Female students will require a suitable mouthguard for contact activities such as rugby
- All students will take part in rugby and football as well as a range of other sports as part of the balanced curriculum offered at Fowey River Academy.
Ordering Your Uniform
All students must have the following items from our uniform supplier, Cornwall Screen Print & Embroidery. These can be purchased online at www.cornwallscreenprint.com.
PE Kits can be ordered through Agame Sports. We understand there may be issues with the supply of new PE kit until some time in September. If you have outgrown your kit and are waiting on a new kit, please contact your Year Team CGS Manager so they know the situation. Don’t forget to check our SwapShop in case we have a size in stock for you.