WANTED – NEW PARENT GOVERNOR
Our school Governing Body is made up of Governors from all walks of life and with a range
of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work
together for the benefit of the School and are the link between the School and the
community it serves.
We are currently looking for new Parent Governors and would be delighted to hear from anyone interested in joining us. Do you have:
- A child or children currently attending the School?
- An ability to work as part of a team?
- A desire to contribute to and represent the community?
- An open and enquiring mind?
- The ability to look at issues objectively and the confidence to ask questions?
- A willingness to listen and make informed judgements?
If so, you may be the very person to become a Governor at Fowey River Academy.
If you are interested to hear more about what being a governor entails, please get in
touch with Louisa McHardy, Clerk to Local Academy Committee, at
To apply, please send a brief description about yourself and why you would like to join the governing body to Louisa. Depending on the number of applications there may be an election process, which will be advised in due course.